To apply for any of the available jobs, you must send your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline . No applications will be accepted after midnight on 16th August 2021. Clearly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of your email. Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications.
Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format:
- An duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Please use this CV template).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted. Qualifications obtained outside Uganda should be notorised.
EVALUATION OF THE APPLICATION
We do appreciate your interest in working with us, however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews through e-mail and Telephone calls within five (5) working days after close of Applications.
Kiira Motors Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of tribe, religion, marital status, age, political affiliation, disability, pregnancy, gender, HIV Status, or any other status protected under the laws of Uganda.
Shortlisted candidates shall sit a Competence and Aptitude Test. All candidates who pass the Competence and Aptitude Test shall proceed to the next stage which shall be the Oral Interview. Candidates shall be informed of the date and time of the Tests/Interviews two (2) working days in advance.
(1) HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (1 Position)
The Human Resources and Administration Manager is mainly responsible for development, monitoring, implementation and reviewing Human Resource and Administration Systems and practices in line with existing KMC policies and procedures and the applicable legislation. He/She is expected to proactively pursue continuous improvement of Human Resources and Administration related workflows and work processes to achieve quality and efficiency of the company workforce.
Reports to: Director Operational Support
Salary Scale: K3
(1) Human Resources Management
- Initiate, develop, review and implement Human Resource Management strategies, policies and plans;
- Collaborate with Management in the analysis of the organizational structure to ensure consistency, coherency and efficiency at all times;
- Continuously work on developing the most effective and economical recruitment methods and ensure that they align with current and future needs for the company’s human capital;
- Develop and implement an effective talent management strategy and succession plan;
- Implement and monitor the remuneration and benefits system to ensure that the Company is able to attract and retain competent employees;
- Develop, implement and manage staff performance and professional development system that aligns with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives and drives high performance;
- Nurture a positive working environment and define employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement, and motivation
- Create and maintain Personnel Files to ensure that all files are complete and compliant with regulatory requirements and company policies;
- Undertake periodic reconciliation of benefits and payroll records and rectify issues in a timely manner;
- Proactively respond to and manage performance issues, employee grievances and disciplinary actions as required, with a focus on building a high performance team.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes;
- Monitor the management and utilization of company resources in order to achieve an effective and safe working environment;
- Monitor the implementation of the Information Technology policies, strategies and plans to achieve quality and efficiency of the company workforce;
- Coordinate and manage the external and internal correspondences from Human Resource and Administration Division;
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports for the Human Resources and Administration Division;
- Actively participate in the annual planning and budgeting process to
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Director Operational Support.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology, Law, Social Work and Social Administration, Management Science, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or in a Related Field;
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration and Management or in a Related Field from a recognized Institution; and
- Membership to the Human Resources Managers Association/Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or Equivalent is an Added Advantage.
General working experience of at least seven (7) years. The applicant should have served in a Supervisory/Management Position in Human Resources Management and Administration in a reputable organization for at least three (3) years with Knowledge of the Employment Act 2006, Occupational Safety and Health Act, 2006, Factory Act 1953 and other Employment and Labour Laws in Uganda
(2) SENIOR ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER (1 Position)
The Senior Environment and Sustainability Officer is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive suite of activities related to reducing environmental impacts and applying sustainability principles. He/She shall also be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of KMC projects and programs that support social, environmental and economic sustainability objectives.
Reports to: Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Salary Scale: K5
- Conduct an analysis of current policies, costs and benefits associated with implementing sustainable practices within the Company;
- Mainstream environmental and sustainability in all corporate processes and activities of KMC strategic plans (planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluations, audit, risk management, and oversight);
- Provide guidance and technical support to Management on environmental and social risk screening, impact assessments (ESIA), management plans (ESMP), management measures and community feedback mechanisms;
- Ensure the inclusion of environmental and social safeguards in all agreements to which KMC is Party (Collaborating partners, contractors, donors and government MDAs) and secure awareness of and compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of capacity development initiatives and learning resources on environmental and sustainability in order to empower the team and Build community;
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that their input is reflected in KMC’s sustainability policy;
- Manage sustainable activities such as recycling, energy efficiency and water conservation;
- Develop and implement systems to measure the progress of sustainability initiatives;
- Draft and prepare reports, presentations and proposals; presents proposals and recommendations to the Management and other key stakeholders;
- Maintain relations key stakeholders on environmental and sustainability of KMC Projects and programmes; mobilize resources to increase the environmental and sustainability of KMC activities;
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the environmental and sustainability activities;
- Direct, coordinate and review the work of Environmental and Sustainability Officers; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Health, Safety and Environment Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Environmental Management; or Environmental Engineering; or Natural Resources Management; or any other closely related discipline of Environmental Science from a recognized Institution
- Master’s Degree in in Environmental Management; or Environmental Engineering; or Natural Resources Management; Business Administration or any other closely related discipline of Environmental Science from a recognized Institution is an Added Advantage;
The applicant should have General Working Experience of at Least five (5) Years. The applicant should have served as an Environment and Sustainability Officer or Equivalent in a Reputable Organization for at least Three (3) Years in the Automotive/Manufacturing Industry.
(3) ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS ENGINEER (3 Positions)
The EE Systems Engineer is responsible for Development of Electrical and Electronic Systems. The EE Systems Engineer shall be involved in system level, subsystem level and component level planning, development and implementation of electrics and electronic system design in different Vehicle Programs and Adjacent Industry Projects.
Reports to: Powertrain and EE Systems Manager
Salary Scale: K6
- Responsible for the analysis, design, development, documentation and verification of major circuit modules and schematics for Electrical and Electronics systems for Automotive Industry and Adjacent Industries requiring a high level of technical innovation and initiative.
- Develop and implement control system architectures to be used in Electrical and Electronic systems for the Automotive Industry and Adjacent Industries;
- Undertake the design, development, sign-off and in-service maintenance of Software and Electronic Hardware Systems for Automotive Industry and Adjacent Industries;
- Work with suppliers to specify components define requirements and deliver test programmes in line with agreed Electrical and Electronic systems project time scales.
- Own technical responsibility for Electrical and Electronic systems of Automotive and Adjacent Industry Products;
- Direct, coordinate and review the work of EE Systems technicians;
- Mentor and train other technical support staff on technical and procedural matters;
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Powertrain & EE systems Manager
Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering from a recognized Institution;
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skill in the following Automotive Engineering Tools including but not limited to MATLAB, Powertrain and EE Systems Software, AutoCAD (Electrical) Circuit Design Software, VLSI Tools or Related.
(4) FACILITIES ASSISTANT (3 Positions)
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for facilitating effective operation of company Premises.
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer
Salary Scale: KS6
- Cleaning office premises and ensuring that the offices/workshops are properly opened and locked in a timely manner;
- Cleaning and/or Maintenance of Office Vehicles
- Collecting and delivering office items, documents, mail and parcels as instructed;
- Preparing and serving tea, meals and refreshments whenever required to do so;
- Movement of Office Furniture, Equipment, Tools, Supplies, Correspondences and other simple errands as instructed;
- Support the maintenance and repair of Office Furniture, Equipment and Tools;
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Senior Administration Officer
(a) Academic Qualifications
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)
- Must Pass a Personality Test
General Working Experience of at Least Five (5) Years. The Applicant should have Served as a Building Services/Workshop Attendant/Service Bay Attendant/Washing Bay Attendant for at least three (3) Years in a Reputable Organization.
It is important to note that there exists a strong link between foundational skills and job performance. Therefore, Kiira Motors Corporation will endeavor to recruit human resources with foundational skills which are often a prerequisite for one to learn new industry-specific skills. The Applicant should therefore demonstrate at least the basic foundational competencies in line with the Kiira Motors Corporation Competency Model which are critical for both individual and organizational success.