To apply for any job you must hand deliver your application documents to the Kiira Motors Corporation’s Office at Plot 13 Kimera Road, Ntinda before the deadline. No applications will be accepted after 16th November 2018 at 1700 HRS. Please note that we are not accepting applications received through email.
Your application documents should include the following:
- An application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A CV (Please use this CV template).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted.
1. COMPANY SECRETARY / GENERAL COUNSEL
The Company Secretary/General Counsel Legal is the Head of the Legal Division at Kiira Motors Corporation responsible for the efficient administration of Kiira Motors Corporation, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the Board of Directors are implemented. The Company Secretary/General Counsel for Kiira Motor Corporation shall also be responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives.
- Provide Executive Management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and oversees the work of outsourced counsel;
- Represent Kiira Motors Corporation’s legal interests and provide assurance of strong corporate governance and general legal housekeeping before investors, partners and co-partners, regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, auditors, and trade groups;
- Provide prompt commercial, practical legal advice to Kiira Motors Corporation’s various business lines to facilitate, improve and strengthen operational decision-making through integration of legal analysis as part of overall business development process;
- Responsible for contracts and commercial agreements, finance, governance, real estate, intellectual property, employment and litigation/adversarial proceedings and Directs Outsourced counsel as needed;
- Ensures Kiira Motors Corporation Compliance with regulatory and compliance protocols, current and anticipated, at state and federal levels;
- Identify current and upcoming legal, regulatory and related compliance risk and determine how Kiira Motors Corporation can offer its products and services in various jurisdictions while operating in compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Support Business Development on commercial negotiations;
- Support HR and Finance on Human Resources matters (e.g., employee agreements, consulting agreements, employee benefits, stock options, and other employment issues);
- Review and draft contracts, policies, compensation plans, and the Kiira Motors Corporation Human Resources Handbook as needed;
- Provide sound legal advice on issues affecting existing and future business where risks and mitigation strategies are clearly identified;
- Collect, organize, and present market intelligence on the legal issues affecting the Company’s core business.
- Lead support and training of legal team members as required.
- Advising the Board of Directors and the Committees on governance matters;
- Coordinating the timely completion and dispatch of Board of Directors and Committee papers;
- Ensuring that the business at Board of Directors and Committee meetings is accurately recorded in the minutes;
- Organizing and facilitating the induction and professional development of Directors;
- Provide the secretariat to the Board of Directors, Committees and Executive Management;
- Ensure that all returns required by the Companies Act 2012 are filed;
- Represent the company in dealings with other companies, banks and shareholders; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Law from a Recognized Institution;
- An Advocate of the High Court of Uganda;
- Valid Certificate of Legal Practice;
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators; and
- Master’s Degree in Law (LLM-Preferably International Commercial Law), Business Administration (MBA) or in a Related Field from a Recognized Institution.
Experience (Minimum Requirements)
Working Experience of at Least Seven (7) Years in Legal Practice, four (4) of which should have been Served at the Level of Senior Legal Officer in a Reputable Organization.
- A firm understanding of the legal system as it affects business
- Able to analyses and solve problems
- Management and organizational skills
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Planning, Organizing and Coordinating;
- Information Technology;
- Ethics and integrity;
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Assertiveness and Self Confidence; and
- Time management.