To apply for this job you must hand deliver your application documents to the Kiira Motors Corporation’s Office at Plot 13 Kimera Road, Ntinda before the deadline. No applications will be accepted after 13th March 2020 at 1700 HRS. Please note that we are not accepting applications received through email.
Your application documents should include the following:
- A duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Please use this CV template).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted.
Evaluation of the Application
We do appreciate your interest in working with us, however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews through e-mail within two weeks after close of Applications.
Shortlisted candidates shall sit an Aptitude and Competency Test. All candidates who pass the Aptitude and Competency Test shall proceed to the next stage which shall be the Oral Interview. Candidates shall be informed of the date and time of the Tests/Interviews (7) seven working days in advance.
1. MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the Design and implementation of processes, procedures, assembly line layout to and engagement of suppliers to support new product introduction and improve efficiency of existing production lines.
Reports to: Vehicle Integration Manager
Salary Scale: K6
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces, install, test and validate manufacturing equipment to achieve maximum efficiency;
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness;
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements;
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts;
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation;
- Provide support related to manufacturing and prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems, determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, materials variances, or processing methods.
- Any other duties assigned by the Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
(a) Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
- At least a Student Member of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers (UIPE)
(b) Minimum Experience
This is an entry Level Position for Engineering Graduates therefore no experience is required
- Relevant technical manufacturing knowledge;
- Knowledge of industrial/Process machines;
- Knowledge of Inventory management;
- Good leadership, Communication and management skills;
- Excellent Programing/Simulation and IT skills; and
- Analytical and problem solving skills.